Friday, May 24, 2013

Guest Blog Fun, The Friday Five and Cursing Babies

I was given the wonderful opportunity to write a guest blog about my love of trashy romance novels for Refreshingly Riki today. If you haven't been to her site, give it a gander. She talks about all kinds of things over there, chief among them books and her love of reading, so if you are so inclined to crack a few spines (of books that is. Unless you're a professional chiropractor I think I speak for everyone when I ask that you please keep any human spine cracking to a minimum) don't hesitate to check her out and read my post here while you're at it. I hope you enjoy it!

I got the idea last week after seeing some pretty hilarious Mother's Day tweets that it might be fun to post a top five list on Fridays. Seeing as how Mother's Day is long since over I'm gonna go ahead and pick something else to focus on today, but I think it will be just as delightful.

This week, I stumbled across one of the best examples of smart assery I've ever experienced in a little thing called "offensive wallpapers." Most of us, if not all of us, have seen those inspirational quotes that someone took the time to place lovingly over a thought provoking landscape scene. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, here is an example:

(In case it wasn't clear...this is the road to discovery. It's in Duluth.)

So without further ado, here is my first ever Friday Five. This week's selection:

Top Five Offensive Wallpapers


1.
(I read this in Wilford Brimley's voice, followed by his use of the word "Dia-bee-tus.)


2.
(The crack in that floorboard grew a flower. Your crack, however...)

3.
(No, Teddy  Ruxpin, I don't want to be friends!)
4.
(Wouldn't an entire wheat field provide enough fiber to alleviate this?)
5.
(I have no words.) 

And finally, here is a video of my son becoming so incensed at my desire to film him that he crawled into a laundry basket and began hurling expletives at me this morning. My blog isn't called Mother of the Year for nothing people.


Have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment